Barbara Payne's Capitalist Cleveland Blog

News and Views: Entrepreneurs a-thrive in Northeast Ohio


Thursday, June 09, 2005

A tip for QuickBooks users

Attended one of the free introductory seminars put on by PC Coach (see entry below). Learned some cool tips on running Quickbooks more efficiently.

I am a keyboard shortcut nut (see my recent review of O'Reilly's book Adobe InDesign CS: One-on-One for Blogcritics). One of my favorites is the trick to move between all open windows in MS Windows--you hold down the Alt key and then hit Tab for each successive window. Well, one of the issues that used to bug me a lot in Quickbooks was how to move between just open Quickbooks windows. Now I've discovered that trick is just as easy. You use Ctrl+Tab. Man, that can really speed up your work if you move back and forth a lot as I do (between recording time for a single task and recording time on a weekly worksheet, for example).

That one tip alone was worth the trip to the seminar, but I learned several other things that were very helpful. You can't go wrong by calling PC Coach if you need help with QB. If they don't know the answer, they'll find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home