Barbara Payne's Capitalist Cleveland Blog

News and Views: Entrepreneurs a-thrive in Northeast Ohio


Wednesday, May 18, 2005

A blog as business

Talk about a creative Cleveland entrepreneur. Eric Olsen has created a sensation with his "sinister cabal of bloggers" over at Blogcritics.org--and he's got a very cool deal going with Amazon.com, music and book publishers and so on.

Anyone who's interested can sign up to write for Blogcritics--you can apply to review copies of books and CDs, tickets to concerts, etc. It's an opportunity you shouldn't pass up if you like music, reading, going to live shows, etc. Or you can just write your opinions about culture, politics or the news.

I am in the middle of reviewing a book on an Adobe program called InDesign that does page layout and much more. I wanted to learn the program anyway, so it works out great. In fact, I think I'd better go finish that review right now--Adobe's coming out with new software again soon. Don't want to be behind the times.

Check it out. News, views, reviews and fun at Blogcritics.org.

Oh, and a little tip to Cleveland.com: you've got a bug. Tried to log in to the site multiple times this morning. Every time I put my zip code and year of birth in, it kept dumping me back onto the same screen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home