Barbara Payne's Capitalist Cleveland Blog

News and Views: Entrepreneurs a-thrive in Northeast Ohio


Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Yes! Let there be...just enough...light

I am a fanatic about having just the right type and amount of light in my office and home. People kid me about it all the time--but I don't care because I know that my mood and attitude are heavily influenced by lighting.

Those glaring fluorescent lights in most offices can sap the life and energy out of people. Wherever I used to be when I worked in corporate America, if I had the option to turn off overhead fluorescents I did. And even if I had no control of that part, I always set up my own table lamp with an incandescent bulb--and of course brought plants.

Nice to know the big guys are catching on to this idea. Our own Cleveland GE recently won an award for the cool way it used light to create an inviting space in an old barn.

"...what really make designs dramatic and visually more appealing is non-uniform lighting techniques, which reveal the architectural features of a given space," said the winning GE designer.

I am looking forward to breathing a sigh of relief for knowing, now that GE is leading the way, pretty soon the rest of the world will catch on--and I won't be such a lighting weirdo anymore...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home