Barbara Payne's Capitalist Cleveland Blog

News and Views: Entrepreneurs a-thrive in Northeast Ohio


Thursday, May 04, 2006

Hurray for RTA - for sure

I wrote a letter of support to RTA recently, and it ended up getting published in the April 24 edition of the Plain Dealer. Good. I said what I meant--that the growth and expansion of RTA is going to be a huge factor in getting Cleveland the economic viability it deserves and in keeping it in the top cities of America for the long term.

And today I was overjoyed to see that some big name researchers are in total agreement with me. Here's Harvard and MIT saying in a recent study that a well-run, far-reaching public transit system is the #1 factor in reducing automobile congestion and making cities more vibrant and lively.

I rest my case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home